Composer / Guitarist / Sound Designer
Born in Republic of Korea
- Influenced by a mother who was a piano teacher since childhood, and from an early age, influenced by many artists, specially Richard Strauss, Dmitri Shostakovich, Arturo Toscanini, Claudio Arrau and others.
- Studied from Maestro Kim Ki-bok ("National designated Local -Kyeonggi-do, Intangible Cutural Artist No.21 of Republic of Korea") of "Anseong Namsadangpae", about Korean traditional music and art, "Pungmulgut" of "Namsadang Nori" (Inscribed in 2009 on the "Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity of Unesco").
- Studied Avant-garde Performance art from Kang Jong-chan, a painter and performance artist from childhood to teens.
- Won the National Student Korean Traditional Music Competition 2006.
- Started playing the guitar at the age of 15, influenced by blues guitarists like every guitar beginner and then influenced by John McLaughlin, Allan Holdsworth, Shawn Lane and some another great players.
- Performed at World Folk Expo in Korea 2012.
- Prog Magazine, Aritst of 'All Around the world our far-out trip far-flung prog', 2018
'Lions'den' has two meanings.
First, as is well known in Christianity, it means the lion's den that Daniel entered.
Daniel entered the lion's den falsely by corrupted Ministers, but the lions did not harm him because he was innocent.
Second, after Buddha's death(enter Nirvana) in India, the disciples gathered to unite his teachings. One of Buddha's best disciples Kasyapa called the place 'lion's den'.
"Daniel's Answer to the King" by Briton Rivière, 1890.
In both cases, there is a reference, in first case, there is a criterion for justice, and in the second case, there is a criterion for enlightenment.
He named the project "Lions'den" because he wanted to make it a gather of people who play and enjoy music together beyond racial, cultural and religious restrictions.
"Tripitaka Koreana, Palmandaejanggyeong" Woodblocks, 1237~1248. Haeinsa Temple JanggyeongPanjeon